Sunday, November 8, 2009

The way God works

Matt and I went a harvest praise dinner tonight at the church we have been attending for a little over a month today. During the event there was a point that people were saying how God has worked in there life. I was holding a fussy baby and Matt was a little too nervous to say how God has worked in ours by helping us find that church.
The Wednesday after Matt's birthday we were at the zoo, just about to leave. I had just taken Adelaide to the bathroom and was making my way towards Matt, who was talking to some guy. That guy was named Thomas and he told us about the church he goes too, Fellowship Bible Church. We said our goodbyes as we made our way to our car and Matt and I were in aww. It just so happens that on the drive to the zoo we were discussing how we really needed to find a church for our family. I have been researching and visiting local churches for a good while now, but couldn't find one I really liked, until now. This church seems to be the perfect fit for our family and I could not be happier. We were finally able to tell Thomas today about the wonderful impact that little meeting made on our life and our family. Some may say it was just a coincidence, but I say it was God's little push. Matt and I have found that our life has been full of these little coincidences.
There is a joke/story about a man in New Orleans during Katrina. The hurricane is coming in and help comes for him 3 different times and his response is he will wait and that God will provide. Well, the man ends up passing away and meeting God. He asks God why he didn't save him. God responds that he did, 3 different times. It just makes you realize that when God offers you help, you need to take it.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you all are enjoying your church! For some reason I hadn't been getting your blog updates...so I'm catching up!

    ReplyDelete