Saturday, March 28, 2009

Hillcrest Gala & Ribbon Cutting

One more week until the new Hillcrest is open, YAY!
Friday was the Hillcrest Gala, big "black tie" affair. Matt of course didn't find out until Monday that he was invited. Luckily they weren't extremely strict on attire and we got him a suit on Tuesday. We didn't have enough time to really get me a dress and such, plus no babysitter so I didn't get to to go with him. He had a great time though and was sweet enough to take pics for me.


Saturday was the ribbon cutting ceremony, that associates and family were invited to. Matt of course had to work, but he really wanted me to get a personal tour of the hospital, so he arranged for Tamra, the director of the ER to take me around. It was freezing so they held everything in the lobby, it was very cramped. Adelaide got a balloon to release during the ribbon cutting that she let go of early inside. Let me tell you 2 grown men trying to get a balloon back down is very amusing. We all went outside for the official ribbon cutting, when all of a sudden here comes an ambulance with lights on and everything. Apparently, they were rushing someone over to the old hospital; I am not sure exactly what happened. Tamra had to go take care of everything. It was a little exciting! This was actually the second person they took over to the emergency room, but the other was just for a check up on someone who fell. Anyways, we cut our visit short soon after since our tour guide left.

2 comments:

  1. Um, first of all, I'm pretty sure you would have had a volunteer babysitter for the black tie affair!! Glad you got to see it. I can't wait to get a tour! I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of it soon enough ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mattie- i miss you! oh do i remember our nursing school days! congrats on your job promotion & the opening of the new hospital! i toured it and it is beautiful & very state of the art, but i LOVE my job!

    sandra- i'm stalking your blog to keep up to date with your family! congrats on the baby on the way! adelaide is precious & i love the pictures! :-)

    ReplyDelete